Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Weightloss Update

I am so sorry to have taken so long, for those who are on the same journey or looking for inspiration... here we go:


Before:



Stats then: 185 lbs





Now:


 


Stats: 173.5





I am surprised that I did not gain more weight over the holidays, because I did not exercise, but I was at my inlaws: house where we did not eat hardly any processed foods. I am still sticking with that as the ticket. Nothing obsessive, just trying to cut out as much as I can the processed foods and actually take a little extra time to prepare meals that are good for me and the family!

I have continued with ChaLEAN Extreme with my good friends, 5am Monday through Friday. 

When I wake up to workout, it is absolutely brutal, especially because more often than not I stayed up too late (my five month old is still awake) and was up during the night, but then I tell myself two things....

1) This is a decision. You can sleep in or you can decide to be healthy. 
2) If you get it over with, you can go back to bed for an hour and you will be so glad you did this. 


And it is true! I feel so much better and have more energy when I workout. It is a vicious cycle of having no energy and thus not working out but not working out means lack of energy. 

I think it is important to just take a moment, right now and acknowledge that, to an extent at least, care for our bodies rests in our hands. We have to get to a point where we don't want to be sluggish anymore, or insecure, or tired, or with other lack of exercise and weight related issues. When we do that, we can begin to work on change. I made the decision in college and joined Weight Watchers and lost 60 pounds. I made this decision after my third child, and I am making it now. 

Please keep rooting for me! It helps motivate me and if you are on your own journey, I would love to root for you too!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment