Monday, January 13, 2014

Operation Less is More

So now that the holidays are over and it is slightly less chaotic.... I decided to rename my weightless portion of my blog! Operation, "Less is More". Less laziness = more energy, less junk food = more healthy me, less resistance to exercise = more muscle, and less weight = more excuse to buy new clothes! ;)

Here are the stats as I sort of "recharge" this blog !

BEFORE I STARTED CONCENTRATING ON HEALTH:

Stats: 180
Size: Squeezing into 12/13 (Like.. SQUEEZING).

NOW

Stats: 165
Size: Comfortably Size 12/13





It's kind of crazy to think 15 pounds is the size of my youngest son. When I pick him up, I feel way more accomplished in my weight loss versus just looking at the number on the scale. I lost a tiny person. :P

Anyway, here's what I've been doing the past couple weeks, and I'll continue to blog weekly from this point on:

1) Gave in to diet coke when terribly sick. It's strangely the only thing I wanted. So I had to re-give it up. 
2) Meal planning. This is for health purposes but also budget purposes. 
3) Applying my Mother's Rule of Life book to our lives and it's been amazing when everyone is healthy, but I allow myself to fail at it when kids are sick or we have a major disruption. House is clean even if there are toys all over the floor. That makes me happy. 
4) My friend and fellow Catholic musician/speaker, Joia Farmer, lent me her ChaLEAN Extreme DVD's and I have to say I'm really enjoying them. I feel stronger after one week than I have in awhile and the exercises are really calming in a way. I'll blog more about this later, but in the meantime, check out Joia's blog: http://eatsweatprayrepeat.com

Thanks as always for your loving support and encouragement. Let's see if I can maybe get out of the 160's by my birthday on Feb 5th! Ahhh it's going to be hard... but I'm going to be 30. New decade, new goals. 

Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment