Monday, October 14, 2013

Post Baby Three Losing is Great! WEEK THREE!


WEEK THREE!

STATS:
Starting weight: 180
Weight today: 174.8
Difference: - 0.6lbs
Total Weight Loss to date: 5.2lbs
Size: squeezing into 12/13


CHALLENGES
Dang it! I have to admit, I am a little frustrated once again this week. Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the .6lb loss, BUT I know I can do better. I was sick the first couple days, then traveling the last couple days and so my activity level was, yet again, minimal. I feel more motivated than ever, though, because I KNOW I can do this! I've done it before and I'll do it again! :) 


VICTORIES
I was at the airport Friday and Saturday for several hours each day between layovers and my actual arrival time. I had my baby and his carrier with me, so I walked up and down the terminal, switching arms, to get a minimal workout in. Hey, it's better than nothing, right? I also made a point to run around the house with my kids. It was fun, AND a workout! :) I counted calories so that even when I was treated to a burger upon my speaking engagement in Texas, I had plenty to cancel it out. ;) 


STRATEGY
This week I will be taking parts of our meal plan from 100Days of Real Food Blog. We are gradually moving our family away from processed foods, but my ultimate strategy is still to count calories. 

I am also giving up diet coke. :-o Partly for grocery budget and partly for health. 

David is going to do my workout videos with me. We have time in the evening together and that will help I think to give me more exercise time, and time together. Many days, the only time I can get to workout is when David is home in the late evening after the kids go to bed and I feel bad to not spend time with him and instead leave to do my own thing, especially because we are so busy with often unpredictable schedules week to week. 

Some great recipes I tried this week... Crockpot Pancakes for dinner and Macaroni and Cheese made with milk and grated cheese - that's it. Just cook the noodles in the milk, then add cheese as desired. Much lower fat than other macaroni and not too bad at all. :) I sprinkled a bit of Cayenne pepper on just for a little extra kick.

OBSERVATIONS
1) I have found through tracking my meals that when I ate a bigger breakfast, I was a LOT less hungry during the day than if I tried to split calories evenly between breakfast and lunch. I am much more productive during the morning, so that is probably why - I burn off more calories then I'm practically starving by lunch time and more inclined to eat over my calories. A bigger breakfast and a bigger dinner seem to be better for my metabolism. 

2) You can be active without a set workout time, if the day gets too busy for a thirty minute workout plus fifteen minute shower. Instead of letting my kids watch a movie, we played hide and seek or tag or anything else very active. You'd be surprised how many calories and how much of a workout you can get doing that! 

GOALS THIS WEEK
1) Exercise

2) Plan MEALS

3) Avoid processed foods 


Until next week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment