Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Post Baby Three Losing is Great! WEEK SIX!


WEEK SIX!



ORANGE are NEW Photos at 169lbs
PURPLE are OLD Photos at 180lbs


STATS:
Starting weight: 180
Weight today: 169.0
Difference: 2.4
Total Weight Loss to date: 11lbs
Size: squeezing into 12/13 - getting a little easier ! : ) 


CHALLENGES
Halloween Week. Nailed it. I'll tell you how in strategy. 

I wasn't able to try shakeology this past week because I couldn't find all the pieces to my blender. I just bought a cheap new one (because I'm hoping for a really nice one for Christmas, hint hint David) so that will be on the agenda for this week. 

I also didn't like some of the meals in 100 Days of Real Food Week One and Two, so I've had to get a little more creative in looking for healthy, easy recipes. Most of the time, I take the ingredients that I would have used for 100 Days of Real Food and google a different recipe. For example, we don't like fish, so I'll find something with chicken. 

VICTORIES
Much more exercise!! Also, no diet coke, AND stayed on top of avoiding processed foods, BUT I did indulge once in awhile. 

These are the recipes I really like: 
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
Maple Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potato
Vegetarian Fajitas
Chicken Jambalaya


STRATEGY
Last week, week five, I just wasn't sure what happened. Why did I stress eat so much? Well, I did figure out that if I am having a stressful week, I need to stay on top of calorie counting. Staying away from processed foods just isn't enough when you are over-eating. :P Because my first week of not eating processed foods went so well, and I was actually always below my calories every day, I didn't count them at all the next week. BIG MISTAKE!!!! If I had kept track of my calories, I would have seen the damage I was doing to my goals! 

This past week, I knew it was Halloween and I would be tempted by M&M's, specifically peanut, and that I had to make cupcakes for an event, and surely can't send cupcakes out of the house without tasting a couple, just to make sure they're good. I watch Cake Boss. This is important to do.

SO, I knew it was going to be very hard and decided to prep in advance. I planned my calories. What did I want to eat? A cupcake ? (or two?) Ok, write down those calories. Those calories are in first thing, in my food journal. Then I budgeted my meals around the rest. This worked well for me to plan my dessert first. :) 

I also knew I was setting unrealistic exercise goals. If I give up on exercise because I wasn't able to do it first thing in the morning or David and I were too tired in the evening for a 30-45 minute set, then I need to see what I CAN do. I can take TEN minutes to do some pushups, jumping jacks, plank exercises. I can take FIFTEEN minutes to walk a mile pushing a heavy stroller which won't cause me to drip in sweat and have to take a shower right after. I just don't have the time yet with clingy baby, potty-training toddlers, and all the rest to plan a 30 minute workout plus shower. I need to do manageable increments for now, until at least my baby can start entertaining himself. ;) 



Observations
I was very happy with this week. I am finally in the next decade! Weight loss and getting in shape is going slower than I would prefer, BUT, I am very happy with the (mostly) healthy eating habits we are developing as a family and the increase in energy that I have! I feel much more optimistic when I am taking care of myself. 


GOALS THIS WEEK
1) Continue to exercise small increments

2) Follow Week Four of Real Food Meals

3) Try out Shakeology. 


Until next week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment