Monday, November 11, 2013

Post Baby Three Losing is Great!! WEEK SEVEN

WEEK SEVEN!


STATS:
Starting weight: 180
Weight today: 168.0
Difference: 1.0
Total Weight Loss to date: 12lbs
Size: squeezing into 12/13 - getting a little easier ! : ) 


CHALLENGES
Chikfila. We drove to Wichita this past week and I had Chikfila for lunch and dinner. I love it. No regrets. 

Also had pizza on Friday. It was the kids' idea. I should at least have pizza early in the week so I can eat right in the couple of days before my weigh-in ;) 


VICTORIES
I have been really exercising a lot! I feel great! I am slowly starting to get stronger and I love that I'm not so out of breath all the time. 

This also makes me not so bummed about my weigh-in, because I can tell that I am building muscle! 

STRATEGY
I tracked calories even when I knew I went over and tried most days to compensate for an over usage by exercising. 

For exercise I used: Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed which I can't quite do gracefully all of the exercises yet. I pretty much feel like I'm dying through most it. 

I also pushed the kids in the stroller a few miles - this will get challenging or impossible as it gets colder and windier, so I will have to figure out some other exercise to do indoors unless I stick to workout videos. I thought about joining our local Y, but we aren't sure there will be room in our budget for that. Workout videos are fine, but I just want to get better at running/walking longer distances. 

Finally, if I didn't have time to do a workout video, I did the exercises I remembered from Extreme Shed throughout the day when I had a little down time from the kids. This was good to keep me energetic most of the day and also I actually got more done around the house when I made an effort to consciously be active. The kids are in on it too, but it is VERY hard to exercise much around them because they want to sit on me, climb on me, and throw stuff at me. 

I did try Shakeology and I hate to say it, but I just could not get in to the taste. I think it's a great way to get all our vitamins and nutrients but no matter how I mixed the drinks, I just didn't like the texture and taste. I should offer a disclaimer here that I am not really a smoothie/milkshake person anyway. I know so many who swear by it and who have lost lots of weight and it has jumpstarted their metabolism, given them tons of energy, but I just couldn't get past the taste. I wish I could. Maybe I can crumble it up in my peanut butter sandwich or find some other way to ingest all those amazing vitamins. If I figure something out, I'll let you know. I have one packet left. ;)



Observations
I am feeling less concerned about the number on the scale and more excited about how strong and healthy I feel (aside from the fast food...)! 

Also, this is my first week with NO diet coke cravings! 


GOALS THIS WEEK
1) Continue to exercise!

2) Plan meals ahead so I don't slack off and resort to a fast food option



Until next week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment