Monday, September 30, 2013

Post Baby Three Losing is Great!

WEEK ONE!

Welp! The weight loss journey has been in progress for one week. 

STATS:
Starting weight: 180
Weight today: 175.6 
Difference: - 4.4lbs
Size: squeezing into 12/13






The pictures were taken last week and I decided I will only post pics every four weeks, since there isn't likely to be much of a visible difference week to week. 

CHALLENGES
I started out sick and with sick kids. I thought, "Man... maybe I should just start next week." Then I thought, "NO WAY! This is what always happens!" There is always something to throw a wrench into my weight loss/get fit plan! 

So, I started, but since the first half of the week was spent up, rocking my three month old because he couldn't lay flat without getting all congested and crying much of the night..I didn't exercise much at all. 

I am also still experimenting with the number of calories I should have, given I am also exclusively breastfeeding. 

VICTORIES
There was an almost five pound weight loss in spite of the challenges. I know usually there is a good weightloss on the front end of any change in diet, but I expect a 1-2 pound decrease in future weeks, as I want to ensure that I am staying at a healthy loss for both myself and my baby. 

STRATEGY
I decided that the optimum strategy for me is to count calories. Very often, due to the nature of our ministry, we are traveling and eating on the road or at someone's house or in an airport. I didn't want to set myself up on any diet that kept me extremely limited in what I can or can not eat. I also wanted something practical, affordable, and easy. This is pretty easy for me to do on my phone. It's just the discipline that I am learning, so I don't forget -- but getting out of shape was a lack of discipline, so I guess I could use a little more of that in my life! 

OBSERVATIONS
This week, all I did was count calories. I wanted to stay under about 1400 and look at what I ate typically. I was surprised to see a few things:

1) How little fluids I drank. One day, I had a glass of water, but I was running around so much that I finished it at the end of the day and that was it... 8oz of fluid the whole day! So, I went out and got a water bottle that can clip to my purse. That has solved that problem. 

2) How little fruits and vegetables I ate. I thought I was eating fairly healthy. Just lacking a lot of greens. A lot!

GOALS THIS WEEK
1) Exercise 3-4 times - aside from taking the kids to the park or on walks, I plan to do a workout video during nap time or before the kids wake up (depending on how much my three month old kept me up the night before!) 

2) Eat more fruits and veggies.


Until next week... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment